Trips

Sunday 3 February 2013

Everest Base Camp Day


We both woke up feeling very rough, I had an upset tummy and my aim into a hole in the ground was way of course this morning, just what you want first thing. I had a bad headache and tummy upset so I tried to eat my eggs for breakfast but they were making me feel worst. So all wrapped up warm we headed of for base camp at 8am the trek started ok, nice and flat but I soon started to struggle. It was great views and we witnessed an avalanche, which was pretty amazing to watch. We arrived at base camp at 10.30 took some photos and headed back as it was -20 degrees. I was feeling very sick on the way back but still managed to take some photos of the mountains. Got back to tea house about 12.30 and had some soup and a rest before we headed of on a 2 hour walk to our next tea house for the night. Got to Lobuche about 4pm and was starting to feel better as we are now heading down the valley. 
Had soup, chips and bread for dinner and it was actually nice or I was past caring anymore. Went to a freezing room again about 7.30 but once I was in my bag and 2 blankets and all my clothes I was really warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment