Trips

Sunday 3 February 2013

9th Day of our Trek

Day started as normal, everything was frozen but we don't care anymore. It had snowed during the night and we knew trekking in the snow would not be easy but off we went after another half eaten breakfast.
Left about 8.30 and it was hard going in the snow and ice, Sally went flying which is funny as its normally me that falls over. The sky is beautiful against the snow capped mountains but it was bloody freezing. I felt really good today surprising how ill I had been feeling the past couple of days. We trekked hard down the valley to place called Orsho 4020 meters for lunch, guess what I had soup and chips. An hour pasted and we were on the road again, all the snow left behind us now and it's getting warmer. Trek is now very dusty and our trousers are really looking worse for wear, I think my hair must be a different colour now due to it not being washed for 11 days, come to think about it lots of me hasn't been washed for 11 days. So if you fancy this trip come in the summer when the water supply isn't all frozen. 
Reach Deboche 3820 meters after walking 7 hours to the place we stayed before but they had to close due to everything frozen so we headed up a bit to Rivendell Lodge which is actually nicer. The only problem it has a mirror and we haven't looked in one for 9 days, dont we look lovely!!! I have ordered pizza for dinner, can't wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment