Trips

Sunday 3 February 2013

10th Day of our Trek

Had a warm night for the first time and our pampers were not frozen, things are looking up. I was woken at 1am with something moving around under the floor or in the wall, was told it was rats, nice. Anyway had eggs on toast for breakfast, very nice. We set off at 8am and straight away I hit a brick wall climbing a very steep hill but after that it was mostly flat or down hill. Everything before my knees is now hurting, time for some bio freeze as tomorrow it's all downhill and I know my knees are going to kill me.
Stopped for lunch at a place in Kyangjuna 3600 meters and I had, yes you guess it soup and chips. They had a puppy there who was really cute and I fed her my chips, not that I think she went hungry. We had a downhill walk for about 1 1/2 hours to Namche Bazar where we arrived at 2pm. Walked around the little village as we needed some more loo roll and water, then headed back for a hot chocolate and a snickers bar. First running water for days so we washed face and hands with soap, I managed to wet my hair to get rid of some of the dust, boy it felt good to have fresh water on my face and head. Ordered spaghetti for dinner and it was very nice, we all sat around the fire until 7ish when we went to our room to watch The Unit on the ipad. Had a comfortable warm night and woke quite happy for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment