Trips

Sunday 10 February 2013

Tansen to Pokhara

Woke to see the white lake over the town, pretty impressive site. Had a nice breakfast with the family and we took photos, I think they liked us. I would recommend a homestay, it's a good way to see the Nepalese way of life.
Set off down through the town for the bus station and its going to be a hot day, shame we are struck on a bus all day. Made another puppy friend and fed her some bread, not so many dogs here thank god. 
Standing room only on the bus for first hour then I got a seat and Sally sat on my leg for awhile then more seats came available. Horrible journey, far too long, too packed, too hot and too smelly. We went up mountains, we went down mountains and around them, the journey took 6 1/2 hours to do 120km and cost £2.00 As soon as you put one foot off the bus you are hassled by taxis and hotel touts but we were booked in so after haggling the taxi fare we were brought to our hotel. £8.00 a night is a bit expensive but we thought we had earned some luxury. Checked in for 3 nights for some R and R. Had a nice meal and dessert with cloth  napkins and candle but with a £12 bill we may have to budget tomorrow. Back at hotel we had a beer at the bar and caught up with our Internet stuff. Spoke to sister, brother and mum so that was good. 
In the room I thought I would really spoil myself and have a shower but guess what no hot water and then I broke the tap and couldn't turn the water off. After that was fixed I got into bed and switched the wall light on and it came away from the wall, think I should go to sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment