Trips

Monday 11 February 2013

Pokhara


Luxury my arse, after the shower episode we went to bed and in the middle of the night the shower turned itself on, I got up to turn it off and what's on the floor but a bloody cockroach. So shower now off and back in bed but left the light on as I'm sure I've seen a film where cockroaches only come out in the dark. Didn't sleep too good and then the shower switched on again, on the verge of asking for another room but its the middle of the night. Not a happy bunny this morning as this is one of the better HOTELs in Pokhara.
Headed off to the world peace pagoda and of course we have to go the longest and hardest route to it. Walked to the end of the lake, over a swing bridge and up a mountain which took a couple of hours but it was worth it as the views of the Himalayas were amazing. The pagoda was identical as the one in Lumbini only smaller. Coming down was a lot easier but it was so bloody hot we spent the afternoon cooling our feet in the lake, true Brits. I do think my knees are knackered they hurt so much when I climb. Stopped at the German bakery for cake and a coffee, very nice. Took a boat trip across the lake to the small temple on an island in the middle and then headed back to the hotel and some dinner. I hope I sleep better tonight as they have cleaned the room and fixed the shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment