Trips

Sunday 3 February 2013

6th Day of our Trek to Everest Base Camp

Day started again at 7am and breakfast at 7.30 I had eggs on toast again. No water again but stove was on so got a cup of hot water to brush teeth with. God my hair needs a wash!!! A very cold start but within half an hour we were stripping off as we had caught up with the sun and it became very hot but there was a cold chill in the air. We walked for 3 hours and then stopped for a drink before a monster hill we had to climb. I started alright but soon started to struggle with it and needing regular stops to catch my breathe and control my breathing. It reminded me of the day at Mount Kili when we walked across the saddle, it's like you hit a brick wall and really can't go on anymore but you have no choice. Made it to the top which was a vast area filled with shines to those who have lost their lives in the area. It was quite flat after that, we mainly followed a frozen river which was fun crossing. We are now in Lobuche in the Hotel Peak XV at 4910 meters, it makes me die when they call these places hotels as I think a London homeless shelter is far better.
Have ordered spaghetti with mushroom sauce again so let's wait and see. Well my dinner was spaghetti but with a red sauce which was nice but it was cold so could only eat a small amount. The wind was really strong and temperature  went to -20 and I was cold all night. I am starting to feel exhausted and wanting to give up but that's not my nature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment