Trips

Monday 18 February 2013

Returning to the UK

Our taxi arrived dead on time for our last trip through the dirty dusty streets of Kathmandu. I was feeling quite unwell by now and the thought of two flights ahead of me was not a nice one. At the airport they were having trouble checking us in so the had seats for the flight to Delhi but couldn't check us in for the second flight. I had tried to check us in online but the website kept crashing the night before. Ok so now at Delhi with a 2hrs 30 minutes before flight leaves but we landed 30 minutes late, 30 minutes to sort boarding cards out and they can't seat us together. Dispute number 1 Moving onto security where remember this is a transit flight and we haven't left the airport, it took nearly two hours to get through. One line for woman and one for men, dispute number 2 with a soldier. Dispute number 3 with bag checker, I don't often lose my temper but I came very close that day. To say I would never use air India or Delhi airport again is an understatement. Had a terrible flight home, just sat there for 8hours feeling ill. Both meals were curries so I didn't eat just drunk lots of water. I'm so glad to be home but I won't let the last day dampen a great holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment