Trips

Sunday 10 February 2013

Lumbini


No alarm clock this morning but still awake at 7am and no hot water again back to baby wipes. Went downstairs for breakfast and had a full American breakfast but not up to much but when it only cost £1.60 you can't complain. 
The area all the temples cover is about 10km so as we had all day and it was quite cool we decided to walk instead of hiring push bikes. We headed straight for the World Peace Pagoda the furthest point away and on route we found the Lumbini Museum with an entry fee of 30p we couldn't resist going in. It was all on the life of Buddha and I found it to be quite interesting. Onwards to the pagoda which is a very impressive building made from marble and costing 100 million dollars. The sun started to come out so I was pleased we had our long walk in the morning as it got really hot. We walked along the canal and went into some more temples and monasteries, some better than others but all very impressive. 
 Beer and feed me time has arrived so we found a little place and I had some pasta which was really nice washed down with a everest beer. A little dog came up for some food but we had already finished.
The dog situation I think is worse here as it breaks my heart when you see a dog run over and just left in the road or a dog with a broken leg hopping around. Today I gave up my chocolate ration to buy some bread to feed the dogs, makes me feel good.
Taxi and bus all booked for tomorrow to get us to Tansen where the views of the Himalayas are amazing. Total cost £4.50 each and room for us both is £4.00 per night which is average for Nepal.  
Soup, chips and a beer for dinner and I found the little dog I have been feeding, as I saved him some chips, poor little fellow. Wish I could bring them all home with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment