Trips

Tuesday 5 February 2013

Kathmandu to Chitwan


Well yesterday I had the most frightening flight of my life and today it's the most frightening bus trip of my life. If we make it there and back without a hitch I'll be amazed. Arrive at Wildlife Adventure Resort at 1pm after a 6 hour scary bus ride, had some lunch and we finally found out what egg drop soup was (not nice) At 4pm we had a meeting with our guide.
Just relaxing at the river bank watching some elephants crossing, think that calls for a beer.
Just before we went on a guided walk of the local Tharu village we spotted a rhino from our room but it was walking back into the jungle so didn't get a good shot at it (with my camera not a gun!!) Had a nice walk around the village that survives just from the river and the land. We watched the sunset over the river and then we were taken to a Tharu cultural show which lasted an hour too long, it was just local dancing and singing. Back to camp for a buffet dinner and I settled for a plate of plain rice as every dish was some form of curry. I think they took pity on me as they made me a omelette which was very nice. Electricity and wifi is still a problem here, they only put it on at 8pm so we spent the rest of the evening on line catching up with things. One of our latest nights as we turned the lights out at 10 o'clock. 

No comments:

Post a Comment