Trips

Wednesday 1 February 2012

Day 6 of the big climb



That was the best night's sleep we had all had for the whole trip. I woke to a swollen burnt face, could hardly open my eyes. My legs were like lead but felt OK once we had breakfast and was back on the road again. We were now on the "coke cola" route which was boring compared to the Rongai route we had taken up the mountain. It took 6hrs to get back to the gate where Juma was once again waiting for us with some warm water to wash and some lunch. Saw some blue monkeys on the way down and plenty of trekkers heading up the mountain to the summit. This was a busy route as its considered to be easy and the camps are better equipped than the other routes. Signed out of the park and headed for the bus that was going to take us all back to the hotel for a long hot shower and some clean clothes. This took about an hour but to be standing under that clean running water and looking at the dirt that came of my body was funny, I had never been that dirty in all my life and never want to be again.

No comments:

Post a Comment